If you're looking for outdoor activities to do near Staunton, Virginia that are within a 30-minute drive from downtown, here are some options to consider:
- Hike in Shenandoah National Park: Just a 30-minute drive from Staunton, Shenandoah National Park offers miles of hiking trails with stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The park also features picnic areas, campgrounds, and scenic drives.
- Visit the Blue Ridge Parkway: A short drive from Staunton, the Blue Ridge Parkway is a scenic highway that winds through the Appalachian Mountains. Along the way, you can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and breathtaking views.
- Kayak or Canoe on the James River: The James River is a popular spot for kayaking and canoeing. Located about 30 minutes from Staunton, you can rent a kayak or canoe and spend a day on the water.
- Explore Natural Bridge State Park: Natural Bridge State Park is about a 30-minute drive from Staunton and features a 215-foot natural limestone bridge, as well as hiking trails, picnic areas, and a butterfly garden.
- Go Fishing: Staunton is close to several great fishing spots, including the South River, which is known for its trout fishing. Other nearby fishing spots include the Jackson River, Mossy Creek, and the Maury River.
- Visit the Augusta County Parks: Augusta County has several parks within a short drive of Staunton, including Montgomery Hall Park, which features a lake for fishing and boating, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
- Go Horseback Riding: Explore the scenic countryside around Staunton on horseback. Several stables and equestrian centers in the area offer guided trail rides.
As you can see, there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy near Staunton, Virginia that are within a 30-minute drive from downtown. From hiking and kayaking to fishing and horseback riding, there's something for everyone to enjoy.